I just can't get it out of my head - Limelight by Alcone

Damn you Make Up For Ever.  My HG (Holy Grail) foundation was Face & Body by Make Up For Ever.   But of course they went and reformulated.  It doesn't work for me anymore:(
So I set out to find something better, or at least as good.   Meanwhile, I decided to use up every bit of foundation in my home, looking ridiculous daily in the incorrect shades and pore enlarging rejects.  I haven't stopped trying new foundations either.  At this point, I think Sephora will reject anymore refunds.   Enter Limelight by Alcone.....

I can't stop thinking about opening that amazing kit of all this new skincare and makeup.  A giant Limelight by Alcone, L, on the front.   All the fun new toys to play with.  It's in my head all day long.


But $600.  I know I will lose $600.   I know this because I have had a small business before and lost $3000.  But this is only $600.  And I can write it off my taxes.  So $400 loss and I wind up with some new makeup.  $400 for a new foundation.  crap.

But that L is in my head, I won't deny.  I'm obsessed.  I keep writing down the numbers and making videos to work the numbers.  While watching family movies, I secretly am listening to lead generation videos.  I'm trying to perfect making, editing, and uploading, videos to Youtube.   This takes time. It's an obsession.   My brain is so messed up.   I am actually nervous half the time, wondering if i am going to sell my $300 a month, and I haven't even signed up yet.   I think I have a Limelight problem.

Here's me in the car today thinking about Limelight....

This is what I am worried about today:

1.  What if I do not like the makeup?

2.  What if I don't sell $300 a month?

3.  There's no brown eyeliner or mascara?

4.  Shipping and Taxes bring a $36 foundation to $45?

Solutions:

1.   Since Sheila, my would be up-line lives far away, I haven't actually tried any of the products in person.  This is huge.  What if the foundation settles in my pores, or the mascara irritates my eyes?  I think they only solution to this is to actually try the items before you buy.  So I ordered a foundation.   Waiting for it now.   But this leads to what will be an ongoing problem when selling online.  People want to test the product before they buy.

2.  What if I don't sell $300 a month.  If you don't have any team members this isn't a problem.  But ideally you will have some.  So there's no time off, you have to sell each and every month.  $300 is around 10 items a month.   That's no small feat.  Of course, when you are close you can always buy some extra stock.  But the constant worry about making $300 will be there constantly.

3.  No brown eyeliner,  wtf.  I can't wear black eyeliner or mascara.  I look ridiculous.

4.  I was perfectly fine with spending $36 on foundation.  That actually sounded reasonable.  But once you go online, it ends up at $45 with tax and shipping.   And no free shipping until $200.  That is crazy.  If there had been free shipping at $50.  I would have bought more.   But at $200, I was super annoyed.  There's no way anyone should spend $200 on makeup they haven't tried.  I can't expect my customers to do that.  So I need to have lots of stock or testers for them.  Which winds up costing me more money.

Those are my concerns today.  Nevertheless, I want it all.  I want all the Limelight by Alcone makeup.   See below for my selfies.  I take the worst selfies, i get this worried brow.   If i am going to sell makeup I need to take a decent selfie.











No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment:)